Friday, June 22, 2012

#ACLproblems

So like many others, I'm an avid twitter reader/poster and I have to say, #ACLproblems could be my new favorite twitter account. I was reading through them today while on ice and stim at physical therapy, and figured I'd post a few of my favorites for you all to read: (okay a lot of them...)

1) Being excited that you lost weight after surgery then sadly realizing it was all the muscle in your leg #dammit #aclproblems

2) Getting pumped for my sexy knee tan lines this summer!!! #aclproblems

3) Asking everyone if they have sun tan lotion because you forgot it for your scar #aclproblems

4) If only we could shave our knees normally #aclproblems

5) Laughing because you know everyone in the bathroom is confused when they see your leg sticking out of the stall #aclproblems #braceislocked

6) #thatawkwardmomentwhen your friends dog is getting the same surgery as you #aclproblems

7) The second people see your brace they ask "acl"? #yup #aclproblems

8) Awkwardly trying to stretch your knee in class #aclproblems (umm and kicking them too!?)

9) People start asking you if it's going to rain #aclproblems

10) Kneeling in church <<<<< #aclproblems

11) Eating just as much as your teammate at team dinners and forgetting you can't run it off anymore #fatproblems #aclproblems

12) People expecting you to diagnose their knee injury as a tear or not #aclproblems

13) You'd like people to refrain from saying "tear shit up" when they are telling you to do well in sports #aclproblems

14) You have to sit at the end of the row in the movie theatre so you can stretch #aclproblems

15) #thatawkwardmoment when everyone at the super bowl party looks  at you when they announce the torn acl #aclproblems

16) You close your eyes and have people touch your scar to see if you can tell when they are actually touching it #nervedamage #aclproblems

and to end it on my lax number...

17) "Sorry, I can't...I have therapy." #aclproblems

^^^thank goodness I enjoy PT is all I can say

And if you don't follow @ACLproblems I suggest you do...there's always more than enough people going through the same thing! and if you'd like to follow me on twitter: @magicCONKshell



1 comment:

  1. Number 12. I get this all the time, like I'm the resident expert at my neighborhood tennis club. Plus, whenever I see someone, they're like 'how's the knee?' even though it's been 4 years since my procedure.

    ReplyDelete