Friday, June 22, 2012

The Basics

So before I share my stories, I figured I'd give yall the background of my surgeries. The first time around, I used my patella tendon to reconstruct my ACL, while the second time around I used my quadricep tendon. To be honest, the only difference was which exercises hurt more in the first 2 weeks. For the patella, bending my knee nearly brought me to tears for the first 4 days or so, but with the quad, I was at 90 degree in no time. With the quad, though, doing a straight leg raise was quite difficult until about 3 weeks. As they say, ya win some, ya lost some.

Here's my knee a few days after the surgery before the stitches were taken out. Sweet, huh?!

One of my lax teammate came to visit with her ACL 3 weeks after surgery...lets just say she missed her own CPM machine....
And my teammate came to bring me some get well goodies! Boy was I looking B-E-A-Utiful.

So, basically, although the few days after surgery suck, it wasn't all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment