Friday, June 22, 2012

The Run Down

Greeting from my first ever blog post! It's FINALLY summer and we're out of school...for many that means the beach, summer sports, and training for the fall season. For me, more time for rehab!

When I first tore my ACL on September 16, 2011, I didn't know much about what to expect. I searched and searched online, not able to make sense of the tremendous amount of medical terminology. Therefore, I went to reading first hand accounts on blogs. Every blog I found was quite similar; showing how their knee felt day to day, and honestly, it was quite boring after a while.

I was cleared from my injury during soccer season around mid-April, and on April 16 (exactly 7 months from my first tear), my knee gave out on me and I tore my ACL yet again. I had my surgery at the end of May and am now just over 4 weeks into my second ACL reconstruction.

Considering it is summer, and I now have an abundance of free time, I figured I'd blog about it; but not like all of the other blogs. Instead of play by play of the physical therapy sessions, I am going to post the plain and simple truths. The happy, the sad, and often funny moments that happen to us as we work towards a functional knee. And lets be honest, there are a few. While I will post some of my progress, I'm sure all of you with torn ACL's will be able to relate to my many interesting stories and encounters along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment